MBR (Attached Growth Process)
Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) combines a conventional activated sludge treatment with a membrane liquid-solid separation process.
The Solid-liquid separation is achieved by Microfiltration (MF) or Ultra filtration (UF) membranes. A membrane is used to separate components of fluids on the basis of their relative size. The capability of a membrane to allow transport of only specific compounds is called semi-permeability. This is a physical process, where separated components remain chemically unchanged. Components that pass through membrane pores are called permeate, while rejected ones form concentrate or retentate. cess)
- Smaller footprint.
- High removal efficiency for nitrogen, BOD & COD,
- MBR’s can be used for small plants
- Plant comfortably deals with fluctuations in loads
- The process is simple – easy to control/ manage
- Automatic system
- Low sludge production
- Municipal & industrial projects
- Housing Societies
- Commercial Complexes
- Industrial Offices & Park.
- Small Communities.
- Shopping Centres.
- Hotels, Resorts, Golf Courses & clubs.